Monday, May 9, 2011

DIY Files: Cake Bunting

Bunting/banners are a really big trend being used in parties this year. I've seen them used as cake toppers, centerpieces, table signs, etc.  The possibilities are endless! I've seen them sell anywhere from $12 for the mini bunting kits to $25 for the ones used for tables and  banners. Kiki LaRue (on Etsy) is the undisputed queen of cake bunting.  Here's some of her work.

Image Courtesy of KiKi LaRue's Etsy shop

Image Courtesy of Kiki LaRue's Etsy shop
As I was perusing the net today, I stumbled upon the cutest picture on http://www.thecelebrationshoppe.com/ that used mini bunting for a cupcake display.  My creative juices got flowing, and I decided to try and make one myself.  Here's the pic I drew inspiration from:
Image Courtesy of The Celebration Shoppe

So I gathered some supplies I had lying around the house, and got to work! I used scissors, cardstock in various colors, a glue stick and striped baker's twine I purchased here.
I then drew small diamond shapes on the cardstock and cut them out (I'm not the best artist! LOL!)

After cutting out the diamonds, I folded the diamonds in half vertically over the twine.  Here's the end result.

Easy, right? Until next time, Happy Planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment