Sunday, May 8, 2011

DIY Files: Bakerella'​s Cake Pops


Image courtesy of Bakerella.com

I'm a huge fan of DIY projects, & I've been wanting to try my hand at making Bakerella's cake pops. You can find her recipe here:

They turned out pretty good. Of course, they weren't as pretty as hers, but I used chocolate sprinkles to cover up the imperfections. :)  I also used Wilton's premium candy making chocolate (light cocoa) from Michael's. Instead of putting them on wax paper after dipping, I used a styrofoam block (covered in foil)  to sit the pops in so they'd dry upright and the excess chocolate would fall on the block. I chilled them in the fridge while still in the styrofoam block, & wrapped them in lollipop bags. I think these would make adorable party/wedding favors! Check 'em out!

No comments:

Post a Comment