Thursday, June 9, 2011

Kids' Corner: Charlie & the Chocolate Factory Party!

As the mother of three (count 'em 3 boys), I absolutely LOVE planning children's parties! I think it all stemmed from my birthday parties I had as a child.  I vividly remember one that was cowgirl-themed (don't judge me) that my mother planned and had actual ponies and horses in our front yard that my guests and I actually rode! Imagine my delight as a little girl that loved the My Little Pony toys to go outside and see real ponies! My mom and I still try to bring that same level of nostalgia to every children's party we plan. Being that all of my kids' birthdays are in consecutive months (September, October, & November), I'm always looking for party theme ideas as far in advance as possible.  This year, while watching one of my all-time favorite movies, "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory," I decided to make that one of my themes this year. 

Of course I immediately googled for inspiration, and found the most adorable Chocolate Factory party ever. The party was for a little girl, so of course I'll make major revisions, tweak it and make it our own, but it looked like a child's paradise. See if you agree.









How cute is that ?! They even gave out toothbrushes as party favors! I would've loved to see the fizzy lifting drinks incorporated.  Now if I can only figure out how to make lickable, flavored wallpaper!
**All pictures and event design courtesy of TSJ Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment